Über den Autor
Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar
Introduction.- PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF ARABIC GRAMMAR.- The Arabic Root System.- Gender: Masculine and Feminine.- The Article.- Pronouns (singular) and Non-verbal Sentences.- Plurals and Plural Pronouns.- Demonstratives.- Adjectives and Descriptive Sentences.- Describing Position.- Forming Questions.- Possession and Attached Pronouns.- Plurals: Broken Plural.- Comparative and Superlative.- The Dual.- PART 2: ARABIC VERBS.- Past Verbs.- Present\Future Verbs.- Irregular Verbs.- Forms of the Verb.- Making Verbs Negative.- Nouns and Adjectives Formed from Verbs.- Dual Verbs.- PART 3: ANSWERS TO ACTIVITIES.
A highly illustrated and popular reference and activity book which is divided into two parts: basic grammar and verbs. The book reinforces and expands the structures and vocabulary presented in Mastering Arabic 1 and is the ideal companion to this popular course. However the clear structural explanations and practice activities make it a perfect companion for any taught or self-teach course. There are optional extra sections with explanations and activities covering the grammatical case endings used in formal, literary and religious Arabic.
Aimed at beginners or early intermediate learners of Arabic, Mastering Arabic Grammar is ideal for both self-study use and classroom courses.
- Clear and concise explanations
- More than 100 engaging practice activities
- Built-in progression from unit to unit
- Reference and practice material within one book
- End-of-unit "In Summary", highlighting the most important points of the unit for easy reference
- Optional "Case Notes" sections throughout for those wanting more information on traditional inflected Arabic
- Answers to all sections at the end of the book to check your progress