Preface and Acknowledgements.
1. The Problem of Catastrophe Risk. 2. Overview of Study. 3. Summary of Findings.
2: An Overview of Catastrophe Insurance Markets.
1. Characteristics of Residential Property Insurance. 2. Challenges to Insuring Catastrophe Risk. 3. Market Structure. 4. Market Conduct and Performance.
3: Regulatory Institutions and Policies.
1. The Framework for Insurance Regulation. 2.Key Regulatory Policies Affecting Catastrophe Insurance. 3. Regulation in Florida. 4. Regulation in New York.
4: Supply, Demand and Regulation of Catastrophe Insurance.
1. The Supply of Catastrophe Insurance. 2. The Structure of Demand for Homeowners Insurance. 3. Summary.
5: Demand Estimation for Homeowners Insurance Policies.
1. Estimation of Quantity Demanded. 2. Florida Results. 3. New York. 4. Guaranty Funds. 5. Summary.
6: Summary and Conclusions.
Appendix A: Structure-Conduct-Performance Framework.
Appendix B: Introduction to Catastrophe Modeling.
1. AIR Catastrophe Modeling Technology. 2. Event Generation Module. 3. Local Intensity Module. 4. Damage Module. 5. Insured Loss Module. 6. Model Output.