1. Horse Behaviour: Evolution, Domestication and Feralisation; D. Goodwin.
2. Clinical Problems Associated with the Intensive Management of Performance Horses; R.A. Casey.
3. Nutrition and Welfare; N. Davidson, P. Harris.
4. Housing, Management and Welfare; D.S. Mills, A. Clarke.
5. Stereotype Behaviour in the Stabled Horse: Causes, Effects and Prevention Without; J. Cooper, P. McGreevy.
6. The Effects of Transportation on the Welfare of Horses; N. Waran, et al.
7. Training Methods and Horse Welfare; N. Waran, et al.
8. Welfare of the Racehorse during Exercise Training and Racing; D.L. Evans.
9. Specific Welfare Problems Associated with Working Horses; R.T. Wilson.
This book describes the development of horse behaviour, and the way in which the management of horses today affects their welfare. Horses for sport, companionship and work are considered and ways of improving their welfare by better training and management is described. The book assesses welfare, nutrition, and behaviour problems with horses. The authors include internationally-recognised scientists from Britain, Ireland, USA and Australia.
Written by experts on the field
Focuses on the major issues affecting the welfare of horses
Assesses welfare, nutrition, behaviour problems with horses