1. Voluntary agreements in environmental policy. The economics of environmental voluntary agreements; E. Croci. Corporate self-regulation and multi-stakeholder dialogue; P. A. Mazurkiewicz.
2. The poltical economy of voluntary agreements. Voluntary agreements in a rent-seeking environment; M. Glachant. Aspects of the political economy of environmental voluntary agreements - a meta study; L.G. Hansen.
3. The European and the American approach to environmental voluntary agreements. The evolution of environmental agreements at the level of the European Union G. Schnabl. The use of voluntary approaches for environmental policymaking in the U.S. K. Brouhle, C. Griffiths and A. Wolverton. Negotiated regulation, implementation and compliance in the United States. N.A. Ashford and C.C. Caldart.
4. Design, negotiation and implementation of environmental voluntary agreements: national and sector approaches. Efficiency standards versus negotiated agreements in the European electrical appliance sector; P. Menanteau. Implementing the duty of acceptance in Flemish waste policy: the role of environmental voluntary agreements; M. de Clercq and R. Bracke. Environmental voluntary agreements in Portugal: characterisation and implementation; M. Cabugueira. Designing energy conservation voluntary agreements for the industrial sector in China: experience from a pilot project with two steel mills in Shandong Province; L. Price, E. Worrell and J. Sinton.
5. Evaluation of environmental voluntary agreements. On the assessment of environmental voluntary agreements in Europe: lessons to be learned from a comparative case study analysis; M. de Clercq and R. Bracke. Environmental voluntary agreements in the Dutch context; H.Bressers and T. de Bruijn. Analysing the effectiveness of an environmental voluntary agreement: the case of the Australian national packaging covenant; R.L. Burritt, H. Lewis and K. James.Towards an integrated performance indicator for (energy) benchmarking covenants with industry; J. Couder and A. Verbruggen.
6. Environmental voluntary agreements in policy mixes. Environmental agreements used in combination with other policy instruments; N.A. Braathen. Using the benchmarking covenant for allocating emission allowances: are we still moving ahead? A.W.N. van Dril.
Here is a practical reference which provides common methodologies, implementation rules and evalutation criteria for researchers, policy makers and business operators in the use of environmental voluntary agreements between regulators and polluters The book takes into account the variety of forms and application situations characterizing this environmental policy instrument, illustrating methodologies, implementation rules and evaluation criteria for researchers, policy makers and business operators.
A comprehensive economic theory of environmental voloutary agreements, which takes into account the variety of forms and application situations characterizing this environmental policy instrument
Provides common methodologies, implementation rules and evalutation criteria for researchers, policy makers and business operators in the use of environmental voluntary agreements