- Keynote Papers. Interacting with a Computer Augmented Environment; J. Rekimoto. Digital Architecture: Theory, Media and Design; Yu-Tung Liu. Changing the Metaphor: Cyberspace as a Place; J. Kalay, J. Marx.
- Data and Information: Its Organization, Handling and Access. The Ideal Space System: Words as Handles to a Comprehensive Data Structure; N. Segers, B.de Vries. Querying Design Information through Visual Manipulation of Representational Structures; R. Stouffs, M. Cumming. SpaceScope: Spatial Content-Based Retrieval of Architecture Floor Plans; Jie-Eun Hwang, Jin-Won Choi. Information Modelling for Improving Communication in Design and Construction; K. Zreik, et al. Emergent Relations: Self-Indexing Media for Case-Based Reasoning; M. Tan.
- Digital Design. Development of a New CIS/2 (CIMSteel Integration Standards) Model Viewer; F. Li-Jan Wang. Interoperable and Extensible Design Information Modelling; Qizhen Yang, Lu Cui. Designing 3D Virtual Worlds as a Society of Agents; G. Smith, et al. Learning From Mah Jong: Towards a Multi-Agent System that can Recognize Graphic Units; H. Achten, J. Jessurun
- Virtual Worlds: Their Creation, Application and Interfaces. Reflections on Computer-Supported Cooperative Design Systems; W. Jabi. Hybrid Spaces of Practice; B. Dave. Computer-Aided Creativity and Learning in Distributed Cooperative Human-Machine Networks; T. ZaMenopoulos, K. Alexiou. A Real Time 3-D Environment for Collaborative Design; P. Fröst. Designing within Virtual Worlds; J. Petric, et al. iCube: Ubiquitous Media Spaces for Embodied Interaction; Taysheng Jeng, Chia-Hsun Lee.
- Analysis and Creation of Form and Fabric. Light Pen: Sketching Light in 3-D; T. Jung, et al. A Daylight Design and Regulatory Method for High-Density Cities Using Computational Lighting Simulations; E. Ng, et al. Discussing Proton-Mapping and Radiosity-Based Rendering Algorithms to Evaluate Qualitative Lighting Design in Contemporary Architecture; S.K. Wittkopf, et al. ModLum: Illumination Project Aided Design Tool; C. Chevrier, J.P. Perrin. LightSketch: A Sketch Modelling Program for Lighting Analysis; D. Glaser, et al. Feeling the Heat: Exploring the Impact of Fire in Architectural Structures through Multimodal Interaction; R. Garcia. 18 Additional Articles. Reviewers. Author Index. Keyword Index.
"CAAD Futures" is a bi-annual conference that aims to promote the advancement of computer-aided architectural design in the service of those concerned with the quality of the built environment. The conferences are organized under the auspices of the CAAD Futures Foundation, which has its secretariat at the Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands.
This book contains papers prepared for the 10th CAAD Futures conference that took place at the National Cheng Kung University, 28 to 30 April, 2003. The chapters provide an overview of the state-of-the-art in research on computer-aided architectural design at that time. Information on the CAAD Futures Foundation and its conferences can be found at http://www.caadfutures.arch.tue.nl