List of contributors. Acknowledgements. Introduction.
1. Young People and the Environment: A Cross-cultural Study; D. Yencken.
2. Japan; B. Barrett, O. Abe, E. Harako, S. Ishikawa.
3. China - Guangzhou; Cheng Ge, P. Stimpson, Wang Bing Kwan.
4. China - Hong Kong; P. Stimpson.
5. Thailand; R. Suwannatachote, C. Ratanachai, W. Lee.
6. India; M.J. Ravindranath.
7. Singapore; L. Kong, Yee Sze Onn.
8. Brunei Darussalam; I.P.A. Cheong.
9. Australia; J. Fien, D. Yencken, S. Connell, H. Sykes.
10. Aotearoa - New Zealand; P. Keown.
11. Fiji; P. Kumar.
12. United States of America; A.J. Malkus, J.L. Meinhold.
13. Synthesis: A Cross-cultural Reflection; J. Fien.
Appendix: Survey Questionnaire.
The book analyses the knowledge, beliefs and behaviours that comprise the environmental attitudes of young people in the Asia-Pacific region and the cultural, political and educational contexts that have shaped them. The findings are based upon a questionnaire survey of over 10,000 young people together with focus group studies in India, South China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brunei, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and the west coast of the USA.