1. The Original Emotive Theory.
2. Criticism of the Original Emotive Theory.
5. Imagination, Sympathy and Decisions of Principle.
6. An Emotive Theory of Moral Psychology.
7. The Psychologically Filled-Out Theory.
References. Author Index.
The Emotive Theory was theory ahead of its time, and a theory which was, perhaps understandably, misinterpreted, misrepresented, and ridiculed by its critics from the outset. In this work, the author acquaints the reader with what the original emotivists actually claimed, and enriches their claims by psychologically expanding them. He thus develops an enriched emotive theory.