1. Overview of Radiation from Dense Media; M.L. Ter-Mikayelyan.
2. Channeling Radiation: A Historical Perspective; B. Berman.
3. Parametric X-ray Radiation, Transition Radiation and Bremsstrahlung in X-Ray Region. A Comparative Analysis; A.P Potylitsyn, I.E. Vnukov.
4. X-rays from Relativistic Electrons in Condensed Media; N.N. Nasonov.
5. A Semiclassical Approach to the Radiation Damping Force; X. Artru, G. Bignon.
6. Optical Transition and Diffraction Radiation Diagnostics for Relativistic Charged Particle Beams; R.B. Fiorito.
7. Resonance Transition Radiation; K.A. Ispirian.
8. Coherent Radio-Wave Transition Radiation (CRTR) of Periodic Bunches; E.D. Gazazian, et al.
9. Experiments with Stimulated Transition Radiation; C. Settakorn, H. Wiedemann.
10. Investigations and Properties of PXR; A.V. Shchagin.
11. On the Line Shape of Backward Emitted Parametric X-Radiation;
12. Parametric X-ray Radiation (PXR) Produced in Carbon Single Wall Nanotubes (SWNT) and Fullerites; M.A. Aginian, et al.
13. Bunch Coherence in Parametric X-Ray Radiation; X. Artru, K.A. Ispirian.
14. Coherent Radiation from Relativistic Electrons in Oriented Crystals; N. Shu'ga, V.I. Truten.
15. Particle Acceleration in Crystalline and Nanotube Undulators Taking into Account the Medium Polarization; L.A. Gevorgian, et al.
16. Channeling Radiation from Thick Crystals and at High Electronbunch Charges; H. Genz.
17. Quantum-Mechanical-calculation of the Channeling Radiation Produced in a Periodically Distorted Crystal; R.H. Avakian, et al.
18. Channeling in Nanotubes and Fullerites; N.K. Zhevago, V.I. Glebov.
19. Resonance Tunneling Mechanism of Field Emission from Carbon Nanotubes; K.A. Ispirian, R.A. Melikian.
20. Photon Emission by Ultra-Relativistic Positrons in Crystalline Undulators; W.Krause, et al.
21. Crystalline Micro Undulator; R.O. Avakian, et al.
22. The Influence of Strong Crystalline Fields on QED Processes Investigated Using Diamond Crystals --> Crystals in gamma-Colliders; E. Uggerhoj.
23. Effect of Density Correlations on the Coherency of Relativistic Bunch Radiation; R.V. Tumanian, L.A. Gevorgian.
24. Vibrating Wires Fence as A Negligibly Destructive Beam Profile and Beam Position Monitor; S.G. Arutunian, et al.
25. New Radiation with Non-Linear Dependence on Electron Beam Intensity; A. Aganyants.
A comprehensive survey of recent theoretical and experimental progress in the area of electron-photon interaction and dense media. A state-of-the-art discussion of radiation production, with descriptions of new ideas and technologies that enhance the production of X-rays in the form of channelling, transition and parametric X-ray production. Progress in electron beam physics to produce sub-picosecond electron bunches from low-energy linear accelerators make it possible to produce coherent, high brightness, submillimeter radiation and sub-picosecond X-ray pulses. Micro-undulators in the form of bent crystalline structures hold great promise as future X-ray sources.
Springer Book Archives