Domestic Division of Labour
Gender Social Movements
Heterosexuality and Compulsory Heterosexuality
Lesbian Continuum/Lesbian Feminism
Waves of Feminism
The new edition of Key Concepts in Gender Studies is a lively and engaging introduction to the dynamic field of gender studies.
Thoroughly revised throughout, the second edition benefits from the addition of nine new concepts including Gender Social Movements, Intersectionality and Mainstreaming.
Each of the entries:
- begins with a concise definition
- outlines the history of each term and the debates surrounding it
- includes illustrations of how the concept has been applied within the field
- offers examples which allow a critical re-evaluation of the concept
- is cross-referenced with the other key concepts
- ends with guidance on further reading.
Key Concepts in Gender Studies reflects the complex and multi-faceted character of the field in a way that is accessible and appealing to undergraduate and postgraduate students in a range of social science and humanities disciplines.