Über den Autor
Javier Marcos Cuevas is the Director of Custom Programmes, Executive Education and Senior Teaching Faculty at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School. His main areas of expertise and research are Professional Selling and Sales Management, Executive Education and Organizational Development. He has designed and delivered programmes globally and has also co-authored with Regis and Bill the book From Selling to Co-creating (BIS Publishers, 2014) and numerous academic and practitioner oriented articles and reports.
Bill Donaldson is Research Professor of Marketing at Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. His research interests are in selling, customer relationships and the management of sales operations.
Régis Lemmens is the founder of Sales Cubes, a consulting firm which helps sales organizations to innovate and co-create value with their customers. He is also a professor in Sales and Sales Management and teaches at business schools in Belgium (Antwerp Management School, Solvay Business school), the Netherlands (Tias Business School) and in the UK (Cranfield School of Management).
PART I: PRINCIPLES OF SALES MANAGEMENT 1. The role of selling and its development in the knowledge economy.- 2. Theories of buying and selling.- 3. Types of selling.- 4. Sales force organisation and deployment.- 5. Sales Leadership.- PART II: KEY PROCESSES IN SALES MANAGEMENT 6. Defining and implementing sales strategies.- 7. Selling in international markets.- 8. Key Account Management.- 9. Sales technology.- 10. Measuring sales performance.- PART III: SELLING AND SALES MANAGEMENT PRACTICES 11. Professional selling.- 12. Negotiation.- 13. Recruitment selection of sales professionals.- 14. Training, coaching and development.- 15. Forecast, target setting and compensation.
This is a core textbook that provides a practical and comprehensive introduction to selling and sales management. Packed full of insightful real-world case studies, the fourth edition of this highly successful text has been fully updated and revised throughout to provide a truly contemporary overview of the discipline. This textbook offers a unique blend of academic rigour and practical focus based on the authors' invaluable combination of industry experience, expertise in sales consultancy and years of teaching and research in sales. Accessibly divided into three parts-'Strategy', 'Process' and 'Practice'-it presents a wide range of topics such as ethical issues in sales, key account management, international sales, recruitment, and compensation and rewards.
Sales Management is the definitive text for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students of selling and sales management.
- A wealth of international examples and stimulating case studies spanning prominent organisations such as Unilever Food Solutions, BNP Paribas Fortis, Longfellow Office Supplies and Score Group PLC to help students contextualise concepts and reinforce their learning
- A companion website offering additional student and lecturer resources and materials
- Clear and well-designed format with built-in pedagogical features such as learning objectives, summaries and questions to assist students with their understanding
- Extensive, up-to-date coverage of motivation and leadership of the sales force, technology, sales training and sales performance
- New chapters on Defining and Implementing Sales Strategies and Key Account Management
- New case studies, vignettes, questions for reflection and statistics added throughout the text
- An increased emphasis on the practical approaches to professional selling
- Insightful interviews with sales professionals sharing their experience and insights at the end of some chapters